Monday, May 29, 2006

Letters from the edge

Letters from the edge
JohnHenry Holliday and I worked out a new device yesterday for the vids. I wanted to do a vid in his dentistry, but he has the information to talk about it. My first thought was audio, but he is not set up for that. The plan we worked out was letter format.

JH will provide me with a (fictional) letter written by Holliday in the early days of his practice in Dallas. The letter will mention several items in his dentistry office. I will visit his office and get clips of each item. We will want items that are historically informative and visually interesting. Probably Doctor Holliday, the AV, will act as guide here, within the limitations of AV movement.

I will read the letter over the clips. A letter conveniently establishes date and location. A letter from this time will naturally tell a story: “Here is what happened since I last wrote. Here is the situation now. Here are my hopes and expectations for the future.”

I will probably tie to the bridge for continuity of concept. Probably I find a letter on the bridge. Clearly not discarded, but brought to me by the bridge. As I open it, the scene will dissolve to the dentistry.

We might want to tell some of the other stories (or part of them) in letters. I could read or somebody else could read. This would avoid voice acting. I am not actor (and don’t even play one on TV.) Kronos can do voice acting, but I don’t know about the rest of us. So the letter device is another possibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home