Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Pink Flamingo and the Purple Cow, More

Days of Whine and Roses (thanks, Kronos). I have been working on ways to show emotions in Pinky. I put in a particle script that emits hearts, flowers, and an emoticon. I put in an audio script that emits pitiful (I hope) whines. I put more (unused) emoticons in Pinky, so that feature can show additional emotions by changing the image list in the script. I am going to make thought balloons to give Pinky cognitive communication as well as emotion. I think I will rework the script so that the emissions are in a fixed (not random) sequence. Then I can write a sequence of thought balloons, as in a comic strip, to tell a story.

One episode I have in mind is: Pinky mourns that she ignores him. She won’t even give him the time of day. Then a clock appears near her. Pinky is thrilled. Floats a foot off the ground. Emits smiley faces, happy pictures, colorful particles, happy sounds. “She loves me!” Probably the next step is the slide down: “Well, at least she noticed me.” “Is the clock running?” “The clock is on the ground.” “She hates me.” “What did I do?” “How can I make it up to her?” “I think I’ll go out back and eat worms.”

This episode is in Phase 2, after Pinky gets up nerve enough to approach her.

One other thought: Maybe Kronos or one of his students would like to play voice actor for Pinky. I could put audio clips in rather than thought balloons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home