Friday, June 23, 2006

Boy Fishing, last bits

We are closing in on the Boy Fishing.

Fire drum. I have one from Zander’s build. I think we can adjust it to suit.

Car: still need to test.

Voices in the head. Here are my ideas on the script. These are independent items, so they could be voiced independently and sent to me via e-mail. They are short enough to send in .wav format, but I can handle .mp3 or most others.

The order here is not relevant. I will use (and reuse) the clips to arrange the audio track. These are all voices in the man’s head. He is recalling or imaging what the people (might) say. Note that these voices are prominent as he drives up. They diminish (volume down as at distance) and vanish as he goes on the bridge. The are not heard as he returns, except for the one about prompt reply, which is heard just before the letter toss.

Business voice (reading from letter): We believe this offer is a substantial advance in your career.

Business voice (reading from letter): We have been impressed by the work you have been doing in your current position.

Business voice (reading from letter): We will need a prompt reply.

Business voice (reading from letter): We hope you will find this an attractive offer.

(I think I can do the business voice.)

Man’s voice (informal, worried): It’s a long commute. I wouldn’t get home till late.

Man’s voice (informal, worried): Maybe we could move closer.

Man’s voice (irritated): Damn! Why do they have to put hay bales in my way?

Man’s voice (informal, worried): I’m still in the middle of the Benton project. Who could take over?

(I an hoping Kronos will do the man's voice)

Wife’s voice (concerned): Will we have to pull the kids out of their school?

Wife’s voice (concerned): You’d be an hour later. I’d have to feed the kids earlier.

Small boy’s voice (probably done by female): When can you play catch with me, Daddy?

Teen girl’s voice (matter of fact): Dad, can you help me with an algebra problem now?

(I am hoping Kronos has students who can do these voices, with screen credit, of course. If not, I will try to get help from TCU students.)

I think these will tell the story. But I am open to more suggestions. And I understand that actors work their own phrasing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home