Sunday, June 11, 2006

Boy Fishing, Props

I have been working on props and prop use for the Boy Fishing. Here’s where I am so far.

Car. I have two cars and know where to find several more. The script calls for an open car. It needs to be sufficiently well controlled so that driver can bring it smoothly down the road and park on the mark. If parking on mark is a problem, I can put up a transparent wall. Driver sets highlight transparent and drives into wall. I have not determined that the cars I have will meet the well-controlled test. But I will keep trying.

I will soon post a vid showing some cars. These are driven by michael64 Gibb. I think he has a brown truck that meets the control criterion. We can’t use that truck in this story, but scripts can be moved if we can get the permissions.

Hay bales. I have that; I will put out copies (phantom) when we need them.

Letter1. I think we need to establish this early, so we need a version the man can carry. I made one with envelope jpeg on both sides (for close up). Attached to hand, looks plausible. No script. You just attach from inventory (right click). I think this is in his hand as he walks up to fishing rod. Is replaced by rod. Reappears in his hand as walks off bridge. (Pause. Dissolve cut to cover attach.)

Letter2. We also need a letter to throw on the fire. I made this as a physical, plastic, and temporary version of Letter1. Physical plastic makes it fall realistically. Temporary makes it convenient to work with. Physical things can fall through surfaces. Temporary will last about 2 min. ( I am told.)

Throw gesture. I have a (common) gesture called pointyou that looks plausible with letter in hand. I can send if Kronos doe not have.

Fire drum. I think I need to rework one of the existing drums to be short (cut off). I would like a clear shot of the letter falling in.

Pail. For boy to carry fish in. Haven’t found one. I may make one. Not essential.

I think that's all we need. I will send prop letters to Kronos for test. I am using he convention: PropAt means prop to be attached. PropPT means prop physical and temporary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home